Tuesday, January 25, 2011

there's no place like home...

It's that time of year where the best of the best in the tennis world come down under and compete for one of four tennis grand slam's... it's Australian Open time.

I love the open and have been going for the last three years. So of course I was extremely excited to spend this last weekend in Melbourne watching hours and hours of tennis, eating and drinking (way too much). I know the Open is coming to an end, but I really wanted to share some of the weekends highlights.

Degraves Street, Coffee anyone?

I love the old style trams, so much character, the free city circle route is the only
one that uses these now days.

THE Best Pimms I have EVER had!!

Dinner at Giuseppe Arnaldo & Sons. I love their sister restuarant in Sydney too... (North Bondi Italian)

Off to the tennis...
Well it is most of the time...
My bow hat

Kicking back in a deck chair watching the tennis from the Jacobs Creek wine bar.
Centre court time!
Bird's eye view
Of course Andy Murray is British (when the English want him to be!)
Mr TMF was very lucky to see his (home)boy Andy play (twice) this time around!

And that was my weekend (without going on and on for pages)... I really love Melbourne, I think I may even love it more than Sydney. It's got that cool vibe without trying too hard. The bars are better, the food is better and I always seem to feel at home...

Where's your home away from home?

No comments: